And so it begins

You would have obviously accepted my invite to this blog as you are reading it, so feel free to follow, comment, skip or ignore completely as you see fit. It is a work in progress and I will go back and add or change odd bits, correct spelling (bloody predicive text) and improve things as I get better and learn more about this program!
If there is someone I have not invited or that you think my enjoy following me, please send me their email and I will invite them, I either don’t know them or don’t have their email address.

 Everyone I speak to is envious of my new life……

It’s not like I haven’t earnt it, let’s face it, I’ve worked my butt off (sadly that’s still there as big as ever) raised 4 children now in their late 20’s early 30’s working 1, 2, sometimes 3 jobs, days nights and in between and I’m still sober so yes I’ve earnt it and then some.

Anyway here I am 58, still married (going on 37 years), a house we own (albeit in need of a little TLC just like my husband I guess) and then we have the “HAPIBUS” a 7 metre, 6 wheel motor home. We have just taken off on a “Sea Change” travelling with no set place to be with our 2 mini daschunds - NO work, NO destination, NO deadlines and well not NO money but, to a spendaholic it sure feels that way!

9th July 2022 the “HAPIBUS” with everything we need to survive on board, including the said husband and 2 dogs (if you choose to follow my travels you will be hearing a lot about them) departs what has been my home town for the last 28 years.

Picture this: 

A 7 meter white snub nose bus that bares a strong similarity to the good old Mr Whippy of my youth, rolling out of town towing another 5 metres of blue trailer carrying a red car topped like a kids birthday cake topped with a bright pink and blue canoe, white PVC pipe stabilisers and various other attachments to hopefully take on the beautiful blue waters of Australia’s coastline (including but not limited to a battery operated motor, battery that could almost sink the canoe in question, oars just in case the motor isn’t working I assume). Add to this 2 e-bikes on the drawbar all wrapped up in blue looking like this years Christmas present.

Yes we have it all what remains to be seen is if the “HAPIBUS” can live up to its name!

Here follows the adventures of “The Woman in Pink Gum Boots”

The Woman in Pink gum boots, The  HAPIBUS, Tilly and Mia (aka The Girls)

The PINK GUM BOOTS 

Just want to introduce “Spidey” who is also bumming a lift (he was a stowaway). Each post will include a picture of him up to his funny antics.

“Spidey” the stowaway!

Oh and ladies make sure you invest in a pair of all terrain footwear (aka gum boots) if you are like me and can't stand dirty feet - yes just another obsession. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adelaide and surrounds